What We Do
Creative Compassion, Inc. (CCI) began with the primary goal of increasing the number of quality housing options in the Tennessee Upper Cumberland. Today, we pursue this goal by building single family homes, ranging in size from 1100 – 1500 square feet.
Our homes are always built to the most updated version of Energy Star, meaning your new home’s utilities will run efficiently.
You don’t need to have your own financing secured before you come to us! We have 2-3 loan products we can use to establish how much permanent financing you can afford, and with that information, we tell you what size house we can build especially for you and your family. All have lower interest rates than conventional banks/mortgage companies. All of our loan products are 30-year fixed mortgages, with no pre-payment penalty, with little-to-no down payment (1% or less) required.
When you build with us, we pay up to $5,000 of your closing costs, and if your house appraises for enough, it is even possible to finance closing costs in to the mortgage.
All of this means that a majority of our homeowners move into brand new homes with little-to-no money out of pocket!
Interested in New Construction? Apply here.
CCI can potentially build anywhere in the Upper Cumberland Region, such as Cumberland, White, Putnam, Fentress, and Overton counties. Building on your own land is possible as well.
Want to see more? We’re on social media! Click here to visit our Facebook where we regularly update the progress of our houses currently under construction!
Loan Packaging for Existing Home Purchase
If brand new home construction is not for you, then it is possible for us get you a loan pre-approval before you begin your search for a home with a trusted realtor. Obtaining a pre-approval letter not only shows you are serious about buying a home, it also gives you a good idea what you can afford when purchasing a home. With a pre-approval in hand, you strengthen your position as a buyer.
We currently package loans for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development 502 Direct Loan program. This loan is for first-time homebuyers (who do not currently and have not owned home in the past 3 years) and is especially made for very-low and low-income homebuyers.
Interested in applying? Start with us here.
Homebuyer Education Program
CCI also offers comprehensive Homebuyer Education course utilizing the NeighborWorks America curriculum. There are 2 classes: Pre-Purchase and Post-Purchase. These classes are becoming more common for lenders to require be taken prior to closing on your home. The classes prepare new homeowners for financial and other responsibilities that come with owning a home. These and other support services assist families through the purchasing process and enable them to thrive in their new homes.
CCI teaches first-time homebuyers the important principles and concepts that will help them through the process of buying a home, as well as maintaining and enjoying their home for years to come. Our Homebuyer Education Program covers important topics such as:
- Are You Ready to Buy a Home
- Managing Your Money
- Understanding Credit
- Obtaining a Mortgage Loan
- Shopping for a Home
- Protecting Your Investment
- Home Maintenance
We believe this is an invaluable and essential resource for any new homebuyer and we are excited to provide this service to the community. Call 931-456-6654 for more details or to schedule your class today. Currently, CCI only does face-to-face classes.
Our Home Repair Programs
The Nehemiah Project
With the money we have to use for this program, we help people to make emergency repairs, up to $5,000.00 on their home by setting them up on a repayment plan over a period of time up to 10 years, which helps those who cannot necessarily afford to pay for a repair all at once. Here’s how it works:
(1) When people come in needing a repair done to their home, they fill out a short application with some personal information. You will provide documentation of income, primary residence, proof of ownership of the house through a Warranty Deed, etc. CCI will pull your credit report, because we require a middle score of 600 or higher, with no major delinquencies.
(2) Any estimate you bring must also include the company’s/individual’s proof of liability, insurance (or exemption), and any licenses required in their field of work. If you do not have a company/individual in mind, CCI can help find a suitable subcontractor.
(3) Before work begins, the person/family needing the repair will sign all required paperwork and documentation, and we will come to terms on when repayments will begin and what the monthly payment will be set at.
Carol Peterson Grant
This is a program that is available once-a-year, every June. It is for those who are over age 60 or those considered special needs. With this grant, we can spend up to $6,500 on an emergency or necessary repair. Examples of these types of repairs are: installing handrails/grab bars, widening doors, replacing fixtures, repairing roofs, plumbing/electrical/septic systems, etc.
Here’s how this program works:
(1) We gather all necessary information needed to begin the paperwork process, such as papers which give proof of age, proof of income, etc.
(2) A pre-inspection report must be filed on what the estimated cost of the project will be (because it cannot exceed $6,500.00). Our Developer will provide a cost estimate of the labor and materials. A licensed inspector will verify this cost estimate. Once they have agreed on this, the homeowner will agree that the work proposed does need to be completed.
(3) At the point when we have all information needed to apply for funds, we are allowed to apply on June 1st when the program opens. We usually know within 1 week if we have received the funds to do the projects.
(4) If we receive funding, we will begin the project as soon as possible.
Creative Compassion is passionate about helping those who come to us. We strive to offer the most efficient plan of help that will work best for you. If you feel you need a repair completed on your house, please call us today at (931) 456-6654.